Fun to be One!

Fun to be One!

January 12, 2008

Big enough for his britches!

It has really been a busy couple of days!



So- he had a pediatrician appointment Friday and he...did... FANTASTIC! His stitches healed like a charm and get this- he put on a pound in ONE week! That's totally awesome considering he'd lost a pound and a half due to the PS. The pediatrician (Dr. Heaven- really, her name is Jordana Heaven) was thrilled at his progress and said that he looks great and is doing wonderfully! We're all so thrilled... and now that he weighs 7lbs 9oz we've graduated OUT of Premie diapers and he's into wearing Ones!



He's also eating a lot more now... his little tummy can only hold about 31/2 oz per feeding but an hour after he's finished that- he tells me he's still hungry so I give him another oz... so all in all- he's taking down about 41/2 oz per feeding- which I think is fantastic because he's so little anyway and he definitely had some catching up to do! So I say- EAT AWAY BOY!



What's more is- we've reached the one month mark and that means no more sleeping with Mom and Dad. For the past 3 nights he's been sleeping in his crib in his room instead of with Rob and I and the transition has actually been pretty seamless! In all honesty he could have been sleeping in his crib a lot sooner but I am the one who couldn't bare to be so far from him... Luckily I have come to learn that all of the mommies that I've talked to did the exact same thing for their first month and that there wasn't anything strange about my separation anxiety. :-)



Good to know!



Lastly in our biggies of this weekend- bahboo was cleared by Dr. Heaven to graduate to regular baths instead of sponge baths and so tonight he had his first bath! We're trying out the new Johnson & Johnson's Bedtime Bath and Lotion and while I don't know if it actually soothes and calms him and get's him into sleep mode- but it smells terrific and I think I'm going to be making the switch for my own use!



Oh yeah, one more thing- during one of the 3am feedings, I think Friday, it was- it occured to me that he's growing so quickly and I know I am going to miss all these little precious moments of his cut new born faces and what not- so I begged Rob and he let me order a videocamera! I've been kicking myself that we don't have a video of our wedding or of our honeymoon and various trips that we've been taking over the past year and 7 months and I just really don't want to harbor that same regret with our perfect little guy. So- new camera is one the way...



UNFORTUNATELY the budget didn't warrant me to shell out the unreasonable bucks for one of those fancy ones that you can upload to the computer (we have to buy $30 cans of formula and diapers you know) so we'll only have for videos for here- HOWEVER, my sister go one of those videocameras that is SPECIFICALLY designed for putting videos on the internet-so I will snag her one of these days and hopefully get some good footage to post for all to see!










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! He is so cute! I want to just grab him and hold him for the longest time!

Ashley Terry said...

CUTE!!!! I'm glad to hear he's healthy and that you are all doing well - seriously, he's precious!!! I'm so happy for yall!!!

Joe, Mandy & Sierra Smith said...

why is he wearing a diaper in the tub?

and nice shot of his junk at the end there!