Fun to be One!

Fun to be One!

April 11, 2008

4th months come and gone...

Wow oh wow... First of all- sorry, to all who read my blog, for not having posted something sooner... It's been busy... So I hope to post a lot to catch everyone up!

Easter was fun! The family picture came out pretty well considering it was A LOT colder than we were expecting and the wind would not leave my hair alone! And doesn't Robby look so cute in his Easter outfit?





















Robby turned 4 months on Tuesday and I can't believe how huge he is! He weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 lbs and Rob says that if he looks like anyone it's the Micheline Man... I prefer the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man.





I know I've said this before but he is such a delight... He has THE MOST beautiful smile and he is always happy and is really getting the hang of laughing... Before, if you rubbed his ribs right under his arms his eyes would get as big as saucers and he'd make a noise like the beginning of a laugh but then it just sort of turned into a grunt because he hadn't quite figured out how to get out the second "ha". But just recently he's figured out how to release the second "ha" a little and so now it sounds more like a laugh... Regardless... it is still the cutest thing I've ever heard!



He is also working on rolling over! He has figured out how to throw his legs to one side and he has definitely half-turned... he gets farther over if he has something to brace a foot against... as soon has he figures out how to roll that shoulder... His world is gonna take on a whole different view... (OK, that was lame...) - BUT SERIOUSLY! As soon as he rolls over- he's two leg jiggles from crawling because he already likes to push his feet against stuff and he LOVES to stand up. I'm telling you guys... he's gonna be a real mover and shaker!

Also- to my great pleasure- he has managed to get himself onto a schedule! Not that the way things used to be was bad or even an inconvenience... truth-be-told- my son is perfect angel! He used to sleep a whole lot more than he does now which made it easier to get more things done but now- even though he sleeps less... he's very predictable! He wakes up every morning around 8:30am... We get up and eat and play and then bathe and change and he's ready for a nap... That's around 11:00am- so we nap (and I do mean we) Then when he gets up from his nap- he gets changed, we play and then he eats- and then we nap again! That's until about 2- in which case he gets changed, we play some more and then he eats and then he naps... Until about 5- more changing, playing and a little more playing and then he gets out of his clothes (he likes to sleep in his underwear... I think it's because he gets too hot wearing pj's), he eats his last meal and it's rocking in the rocking chair with mom till he's asleep and that's anywhere from 8:30-9:30. Then, marvelously, he sleeps until 2am- he wants 1/2 a bottle this time and gets lovingly fed and rocked back to sleep and is asleep until 8:30! He has figured out his Days from his Nights... I'm still suffering though- because I still don't fall asleep until like 3am. A part of me wants to sleep but it's the other part of me that looks forward to feeding and rocking him at 2 that keeps me awake. Somehow though- I've developed SUPER MOMMY POWERS and still don't really suffer during the day by staying up so late.




Oh here are some more pics of the cutie... I am only starting to truly realize that the greatest thing that I have ever done in my life up to this point is created such a beautiful and amazing little being.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey sarah, Rob, and Robby!!! Robby is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo CUTE!!!! I can hardly stand how lucky I am to have such a wonderful person added to my family!!! I love you guys!!! Talk to you soon.